Dress for Success Atlanta will suit their 10,000 client on Tuesday, June 3 at 1:45 p.m in the organization’s America’s Mart showroom on Spring Street. Founded in 1997, Dress For Success promotes the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and the career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life. Dress for Success Atlanta joined the International Dress For Success community in 1999. Since that time, the organization has worked with numerous agencies and organizations to serve the women of Atlanta through job training, mentorship, and, the provision of work appropriate clothing.
Dress for Success clients are eligible to receive a suiting through several referral agencies. Partnered with a personal shopper, clients browse the Atlanta showroom’s collection of suits, shoes, and accessories to put together several interview-appropriate ensembles. When a client successfully obtains a job, she may return the showroom to shop for several more outfits or uniforms. Dress for Success Atlanta suits over 1,000 new clients each year.
Dress For Success Atlanta’s program director, Victoria Hook, says the “10,000 suiting is a huge milestone for the organization. It shows the need for and importance of programs that empower women. Even after 10,000 suitings, we still are meeting a need that grows every single year.”
1:45 p.m. Welcome
Announcement of 10,000 suiting participant
Suiting of 10,000 client
Gifts and acknowledgements
220 Spring Street NW Suite 102
Atlanta, GA 30303
Please visit http://www.dressforsuccess.org/affiliate.aspx?sisid=1&pageid=1
“I tell my clients that they are not going to see drastic changes in their weight and appearance over night. So it is important to stay motivated by adopting smaller, easy habits that give them the reward of feeling more healthy and beautiful along the way,” says Lyons who just released her new book, “Your Body, Your Life.”
Here she offers some unique tips to help you shape up inside and out:
* Take notes – Purchase a small notebook that fits in your purse or briefcase, and get in the habit of keeping a “compliment journal.” Record compliments you receive and browse through it once a day for motivation to stick to your healthy, beautiful habits.
* Brush up – Just like your body, your smile should be not only beautiful on the outside but healthy on the inside too. Try new Crest Healthy Radiance, a system of daily fluoride toothpaste and weekly deep clean strips that strengthen enamel below the surface and deep clean to whiten. It whitens four times better than the leading whitening toothpaste for results that will motivate you to keep going.
* Weigh in – After you start your fitness program, step on the scale one time each week to monitor your progress. You will be able to track your progress and remind yourself that you are getting there.
* Choose one – If getting healthy seems too overwhelming, pick one small bad habit and focus on eliminating it for one week. Then pick another for the next week. Do this for 12 weeks and before you know it you will have twelve new healthy habits.
* Celebrate – Take time to reward yourself for your healthy habits each week. When you reach a major goal, take a day off and go to the beach or treat yourself to an evening out.
Adopting these simple routines will keep you feeling healthy on the inside and beautiful on the outside from start to finish of your fitness program.
Courtesy of ARAcontent